About the Job
We are assisting one of our clients in the IT consulting industry. The company is mainly focusing on mining industries. This position requires the candidate to relocate to East Kalimantan with a roster working system (2 weeks on-site, 1-week off-site). The Chief Information Officer is to partner with the client in setting its IT Strategy in line with the client’s business and digitalization strategy, including managing its overall IT day-to-day operations to improve systems’ performance (security, reliability, and availability), end-user satisfaction, and deliver optimal return on investments. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversee operations, projects, and assignments within the Information Systems (IS) department.
- Leads efficient operations of the team so that prompt modernization and upgrades of IS are performed as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Collaborates with members of the executive team to identify ways IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals.
- Identifies new IS business development & technologies.
- Anticipates business and organizational changes and modifications.
- Ensures that IT and network infrastructure adequately support the client's needs.
- Develops and implements the IT budget for internal and Clients. Ensure business contracts and agreements deliver win-win business objectives.
- Communicates goals, projects, and timelines of the clients to manage and establish long-term IS needs and plans.
- Develops strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs. Ensure standardization of software, hardware, development tools, security tools, and database architectures.
- Assists as top-level contact for end users in determining IS requirements and/or
- Ensures compliance with government regulations that apply to systems operations. Identify, mitigate, and manage IT Risk, review the company’s IT standards annually, and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Actively leads the introduction of business innovation and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Thorough understanding of information technology and information technology systems.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology required.
- At least a minimum of 15 years of experience in managing information systems and technology teams.
- Experience in Mining Industry/working for Mining Companies would be an advantage.